28.7.06

Farenheit 7/11

The heatwave has relented for long enough for my brain to unscramble and form some sentences again. All of London is rotting, there is a stench in the streets, the roads are melting, tourists are keeling over left right and centre with heat stroke and there is an ice cream shortage! If this is climate change, where will it end?

In a few days, I'll be returning to the pleasantly chilly nights of South Africa. There's something I never thought I'd say.

Some complete dick has piloted a submarine into the Galapagos archipelago without permission. God I hate people who think their right to do whatever they please supercedes whatever rules might be in place to save the world from idiots like them. I was there in August a couple of years ago, and immediately felt guilty about it. I mean, it's the kind of place we just shouldn't be. Leave it alone, for god's sake, no matter how beautiful it is. Apparently they're thinking about allowing massive cruise ships to dock there on round the world trips. Boats bigger than the bloody islands they're to visit!

Slight crisis back in Cape Town as well. Paul sales manager is facing an ultimatum from his wife after the accident with his son. So he's going back to England. And we need another sales manager. Crap for me, as I will be producing a product with nobody selling it. Or almost. It will take time to get the new person familiar with the product. And Paul had promised to get me a raise...

I'll be on my own. In Cape Town. Please send me some emails or I'll go absolutely mad and start talking to myself. Oops, too late for that...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

13:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home