18.5.07

Socks

You know you live in Cape Town when it's May and all of a sudden you're looking for socks. Those knitted things that you put on your feet for some reason. Yeah, them. All of a sudden I don't have any. That's not surprising, seeing as my mind is like leaking sieve and the gym can house many a lost sock. But the fact that I haven't noticed my complete lack thereof for about nine months. That says something... Like, "i live in the africa" for one thing.

Today, I told my boss that I wasn't up for staying a third year. We're already going to start looking for a replacement seeing as I'm so extremely irreplaceable etc etc. Nah, not so. Any monkey could do this job. Just not this monkey! This monkey wanna go eat some bananas.

I'd love to post some pictures of my new flat but frankly I'm a bit drunk and really not in a mood to start snapping. The cat doesn't want to either, she's far too comfortable in the blue chair to drag out the camera.

Press day went well. Got a good story on the G8 and all sorts of stuff, and that was nice after the disappointing trip to Italy. Read in a norwegian magazine today that G8 was not a solution for africa, it was part of the problem. not so sure about that - the africans are good at creating and maintaining their problems on their own - but I think where the G8 talks and talks and talks, China, for example, acts. No committees, no grand gestures, just cold hard cash. I mean - G8, get a grip!

So maybe I should learn Cantonese.

Hmmm... The little black pussycat has fallen asleep on the sofa. Shame, I have to chuck her out - I promised to attend a Singstar evening and so I shall. It's friday after all and I can sleep when I'm dead. I'm assured...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home